The different versions of Apache ANT are:
- ANT 1.1: ANT 1.1 was the first stand alone release of Apache Ant. ANT 1.1 got released on 19th July 2000. This was the only release on the ANT 1.1 series.
- ANT 1.2: ANT 1.2 was the second stable release of Apache Ant. The ANT 1.2 has new data type files set.
- ANT 1.3: The ANT 1.3 version is the third stable release of Apache Ant. In ANT 1.3 version, tar files available in distribution will be using extensions of GNU tar and these files have to be extracted with tar version that is GNU compatible.
- ANT 1.4: ANT 1.4 is a Bug fix release. ANT 1.4 is compatible with JDK 1.4. ANT 1.4 has two releases in this series namely ANT 1.4 and ANT 1.4.1.
- ANT 1.5: The ANT 1.5 has several releases in the series namely ANT 1.5.1, ANT 1.5.2 and so on. The stable release in this series is ANT 1.5.4. The ANT 1.5.4 will work with any VAJ version beginning with 3.0.
- ANT 1.6: The ANT 1.6 has several releases in this series namely ANT 1.6, ANT 1.6.1, and ANT 1.6.2 and so on. The stable release in this series is ANT 1.6.5. This release fixed the bugs that had occurred in the earlier versions.
- ANT 1.7: The ANT 1.7 has two releases in the series namely ANT 1.7 and ANT 1.7.1. The stable release in this series is ANT 1.7.1. The ANT 1.7.1 is compatible with Java 1.5 or later.
- ANT 1.8: The ANT 1.8 has several releases in this series namely ANT 1.8.1, ANT 1.8.2 and so on. The stable release in this series is ANT 1.8.2, which was released on 27th December 2010. ANT 1.8.2 version was a maintenance release which has fixed many bugs that occurred in earlier releases.