Java tokens are the smallest individual units that form part of a Java Program. Different types of java tokens are:
- Reserved Keywords – Reserved keywords are java tokens with predefined meaning. Java has 60 reserved keywords.
- Identifiers – Identifiers are java tokens designed and decided by the java programmer. Examples for java tokens namely identifiers are: name for the class, name for members of the class, and temporary variables in class methods.
- Literals – Literals are java tokens containing set of characters. Literals are used to represent a constant that has to be stored in a variable.
- Operators – Operators are java tokens containing a special symbol and predefined meaning in Java. Operators can be used with one or more operands to achieve a result.
- Separators – Separators are java tokens that are used to divide as well as arrange codes in group.